Whether you're building your dream kitchen from scratch or sprucing up your bathroom, the little details matter, and that includes choosing the perfect mixer tap. It's not just about water flow - it's about style, functionality, and convenience.
But with countless options available, where do you start? In this comprehensive guide, we'll demystify the world of mixer taps, guiding you through various types and their unique features. So, whether you're a first-time homeowner or a seasoned DIY enthusiast, keep reading to discover how you can add that touch of elegance and practicality to your home with the ideal mixer tap.
What is a mixer tap?
Mixer taps are a type of tap that blends hot and cold water together from two inlet pipes before it flows out through a single spout. This allows you to control and adjust the water's temperature to your liking directly from the tap, rather than having two separate taps, like pillar taps, for hot and cold water.
They come in a wide variety of designs and types, suitable for different purposes and interior styles. Whether you are looking for bathroom taps or kitchen taps, mixer taps offer a combination of practicality and aesthetic appeal, enhancing the functionality and style of your space.
Popular Types of Mixer Taps
- Single Lever Mixer Taps: These sleek and minimalist taps feature a singular lever to control both water flow and temperature. The lever's simplicity and ease-of-use make single lever mixer taps a favourite in modern kitchen and bathroom designs.
- Dual Lever Mixer Taps: Taking a step towards traditional design, dual lever mixer taps have two separate levers controlling the hot and cold water flow. This allows for precise temperature control, making them a suitable choice for those who value functionality over modern aesthetics.
- Monobloc Mixer Taps: Monobloc mixer taps, as the name suggests, feature a single block design with either one or two levers controlling the water flow. These taps are a great addition to both kitchens and bathrooms due to their easy-to-use and space-saving design.
- Filter Taps: These innovative mixer taps come equipped with an in-built water filtration system that filters out impurities, providing you with clean, fresh drinking water straight from your tap. Filter taps are an excellent choice for health-conscious households looking to reduce their plastic usage and ensure a cleaner water supply.
- Wall-Mounted Taps: For those who prefer a clutter-free sink area, wall-mounted basin taps are the way to go. Attached directly to the wall, these taps offer a minimalist and modern look while saving valuable counter space.
- Pull Out Taps: Combining functionality and convenience, pull out mixer taps feature a detachable spout that can be extended to suit your needs. This added flexibility makes them particularly useful as a kitchen tap, making tasks like rinsing dishes and filling pots a breeze.
How to Choose the Perfect Mixer Tap for Your Kitchen or Bathroom
Choosing the right tap can significantly enhance the functionality and aesthetics of your kitchen or bathroom. While the choice may seem overwhelming due to the vast range of options of kitchen taps and bathroom taps, by considering a few key factors, you can make the decision much simpler. Here's how to choose the right mixer tap:
1. Determine the Use and Functionality
Firstly, understand what you'll be using the tap for. A mixer tap for the kitchen may require different features compared to one for the bathroom. For instance, a pull out mixer tap might be a valuable asset in a kitchen for tasks such as filling pots and rinsing dishes, while a monobloc mixer tap might be more suited to a bathroom setting.
2. Consider the Design and Aesthetics
The design of the mixer tap should complement the overall style of your room. If you have a modern kitchen or bathroom, a sleek, contemporary mixer tap might be the right choice. For more traditional spaces, a classic pillar or dual lever mixer tap might be more appropriate.
3. Check the Water Pressure
Your home's water pressure can influence the tap's performance. If your home has low water pressure, you may need to choose a tap specifically designed to operate under such conditions. Always verify your home's water pressure and check the tap's specifications before making a purchase. Consult with a plumbing professional if you're unsure.
4. Assess the Durability and Quality
Consider the material and build quality of the mixer tap. High-quality mixer taps, often made from materials like brass or stainless steel, can offer longevity and better performance.
5. Consider the Installation Process
Finally, look at the mixer tap's installation requirements. A wall-mounted tap might require a more complex installation compared to deck-mounted taps. Don't forget to measure your existing tap holes to ensure your new tap will fit. Always consult with a professional if you're unsure.
By keeping these considerations in mind, you can navigate the wide array of mixer taps available and choose one that best fits your needs and style. Remember, a good mixer tap combines functionality with aesthetics, providing you with the perfect addition to your kitchen or bathroom.
Choosing the perfect mixer tap is an essential step in defining both the functionality and design of your kitchen or bathroom. By carefully considering factors like usage, aesthetics, functionality, installation requirements, and durability, you can find a tap that seamlessly integrates into your space.
Whether you prefer a minimalist design or a more traditional feel, the right mixer tap can add that finishing touch to your room, elevating both its practicality and style. Contact our team of experts today for help choosing the right mixer tap for your needs!
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of using a mixer tap?
Mixer taps offer the convenience of controlling both the water temperature and flow from a single tap, making them user-friendly. Moreover, they come in a variety of designs that can enhance the aesthetics of your kitchen or bathroom.
Are there specific mixer taps for kitchens and bathrooms?
While mixer taps can be used in the same way in both kitchens and bathrooms, some designs might be more suitable for one over the other. For example, bath taps are designed specifically for use in bathtubs.
How often should mixer taps be replaced?
With proper maintenance, mixer taps can last many years. However, consider replacing them if you notice persistent leaking, rust, or wear and tear. At HOUSE OF ENKI, we offer a guarantee for all of our taps, so you can feel confident with your purchase.