Downton Exposed Traditional Thermostatic Shower Set Single Outlet Incl. Twin Shower Valve, Rigid Riser Rail, 150mm Shower Head - Antique Bronze And White
QUALITY- This shower set is premium quality, with a single cast body and high-grade brass construction, shower set is finished in bronze colour. It is designed...Regular price £289.99£289.99Sale price £289.99 Regular priceUnit price per
£269.99Sale Sold out
Traditional Showers Buying Guide
When it comes to choosing a shower, there are many different styles and designs on the market to choose from. One popular style is the traditional shower set. These types of showers have a classic and timeless look that can complement any bathroom décor, shower valve and shower accessories. But with so many different options available, how do you know which one is right for you?
When shopping for a traditional shower kit, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind. Here are a few of the most important factors to consider:
- Size: They come in a wide range of sizes, so it’s important to measure your bathroom space before you shop. This will ensure that you choose a shower set that will fit comfortably in your bathroom.
- Finish: Traditional showers can be made from a variety of materials, including glass, metal, plastic, or stone. Gold, antique bronze, and chrome are all great choices for this type of shower kit due to their durability. Make sure to choose a finish that will complement the other fixtures in your bathroom.
- Features: They offer a wide range of features to choose from. Many traditional showers come with built-in shelves and towel racks, so you can keep your bathroom organised and tidy. You can also get shower body jets for a luxurious shower. Think about which features are most important to you and look for a shower kit that offers them.
- Budget: Traditional showers are available at a wide range of price points. It’s important to set a budget before you start shopping so that you can narrow down your options and find the perfect shower and traditional shower valve for your needs.
- Shower Head: One of the most important parts of any shower is the shower arms and heads. Many traditional showers feature ornate shower heads with multiple spray settings so be sure to choose a shower handset that suits your needs and preferences.
Types of Traditional Showers
Traditional showers are characterised by their vintage, classic design. They often feature ornate details and luxurious finishes that give them a timeless look. Many are made from high-quality materials like antique bronze and chrome, which ensures that they will last for many years to come.
There are a few different types of traditional showers that you can choose from. One type is the overtub shower, which features a freestanding tub. Another popular type is the alcove shower, which is designed to fit into a corner or alcove in your bathroom.
Finally, there are also walk-in showers, which feature no doors or barriers and provide easy access for those with mobility issues. Most types come with the option for a thermostatic shower and you can choose from different types of shower valves.
Benefits of Traditional Showers
There are many benefits to choosing a traditional shower for your home. One benefit is that they can add a touch of luxury to any bathroom décor. Another benefit is that traditional showers are built to last, thanks to their high-quality construction.
Some other popular reasons include:
- The classic and timeless look of a traditional shower set can complement any bathroom décor.
- They are typically very easy to install and use.
- They are usually very affordable, making them a great option for budget-conscious homeowners.
- They offer a wide range of features and options to choose from, so you can find the perfect shower for your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best way to care for a traditional shower?
Caring for a traditional shower is relatively easy. One thing you’ll need to do is clean it on a regular basis to prevent soap scum and mildew build-up. You can use a mild soap and a soft cloth to clean the shower, and be sure to rinse it well afterwards. You should also avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners, as these can damage the finish of your shower.
What type of shower head is best for traditional showers?
There are a few different types of shower heads that can be used with traditional showers, but most are shower mixers. One type is the rain shower head, which offers a gentle and relaxing stream of water. Another popular option is the handheld shower head, which is great for those who need a bit more flexibility when showering. And finally, there are also wall-mounted shower heads, which can save space in your bathroom.
How much do traditional showers typically cost?
Traditional showers are available at a wide range of price points. That is why it's so important to set a budget before you start shopping so that you can narrow down your options and find the perfect shower for your needs, without overspending.
Where can I buy a traditional shower?
Traditional showers are available at home improvement stores or online bathroom retailers.